Hospitality venues and their patrons can now benefit from a Queensland Government-designed app; making checking-in and keeping COVID safe simpler.
The app, called Check In Qld, was developed to help Queensland Health with contact tracing in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak and is now available for free download in Google Play and Apple App stores.
While you’re not required to use Check In Qld, adopting this app in-venue will help strengthen Queensland’s Unite & Recover efforts, and ensure you can remain open for business with confidence that staff and customers are protected.
It also ensures that you are capturing and storing the required patron data as per the latest Chief Health Officer Direction.
It is convenient to implement and use:
- Visit www.covid19.qld.gov.au/check-in-qld to register your venue.
- Get started use your Business starter kit, provided when you register, which includes posters with your unique QR Code.
- Share the app with patrons via your communication channels – the Business starter kit has collateral that you can use.
- When taking bookings, encourage customers to download the app before they come to the venue. This will help speed up their check-in.
There are benefits for your patrons:
- The app is secure and private. Details will be stored for Queensland Health for 30 to 56 days and used only for contact tracing.
- When patrons are signed up, the app will remember their details.
- Patrons can check in multiple people at the same time after registering.
You can continue to use an alternative, secure method to digitally capture customer details. Paper-based methods may be used temporarily for patrons without a smartphone or in the case of a technology/ internet outage. The information must be transferred to the digital system within 24 hours.
If you or a patron are having technical issues with the Check in Qld app, please call the helpline on 134 COVID (13 42 68).
For more information on the app, FAQs and instructional videos, visit www.covid19.qld.gov.au/check-in-qld.