Hospitality businesses across Queensland and the Northern Territory have been acknowledged for their contribution to the industry in the Savour Australia™ Restaurant & Catering HOSTPLUS Awards for Excellence in Brisbane.
The Awards for Excellence program formally recognises hospitality operators across 41 different categories who consistently provide exceptional service and demonstrate culinary excellence in their respective fields.
The winners across this year’s major categories included:
- Gambaro Seafood Restaurant, Petrie Terrace—Restaurant of the Year
- The Waterline Restaurant, Rosslyn Bay—Café of the Year
- Customs House, Brisbane—Caterer of the Year
- Mr David Pugh—Lifetime Achiever Award
- Char Restaurant ‘Old Admiralty House’, Darwin—Northern Territory Consumer Vote Award
- Cowboys Leagues Club, Townsville—Northern Queensland Consumer Vote Award
- Donto Sapporo Japanese Restaurant, Broadbeach—South East Queensland Consumer Vote Award.
In addition to receiving major awards, Gambaro Seafood Restaurant was also recognised as the best Seafood Restaurant in the Brisbane Darling Downs region. The Waterline Restaurant also won best Breakfast Restaurant for Northern Queensland and the Northern Territory and Café Dining for Northern Queensland.
Restaurant & Catering (R&CA) CEO Juliana Payne congratulated the winners for 2017 across each of the different Award categories.
“On behalf of the Association, I’m absolutely delighted to recognise the winners of the 2017 Awards for Excellence for Queensland and the Northern Territory,” she said.
“Every one of the café-owners, restaurateurs and caterers recognised as part of this year’s Awards for Excellence has made an extraordinary contribution to the culinary landscape in Queensland and the Northern Territory.
“The vitality of this industry is dependent on having so many passionate and dedicated business owners who spend countless hours working to deliver a truly memorable and exciting culinary experience for their customers.”
Some of the winning businesses will go on to compete at the national Awards for Excellence to be held at Peninsula in Melbourne on Monday 30 October 2017.